At the MBE CPAs affiliate group, your sense of purpose is clear- you directly impact the success of businesses in your communities. Be it the local bakery that has sold your favorite bread for years or the budding entrepreneur that’s getting their business off the ground, our team passionately works to ensure businesses can thrive.
After being a team of a couple dozen 10 years ago, we are now 150+ team members and continuing to grow rapidly with 10 office locations across Wisconsin. With our growth, we never lose touch with the importance of providing a family friendly workplace that builds authentic relationships with our clients. At MBE, you aren’t just a number and the client isn’t just a name in the system.
Ever committed to providing a flexible workplace, we offer onsite and hybrid opportunities from the majority of 10 office locations in Wisconsin. Don’t let your location prevent you from joining our team!
What’s would my day look like?
Assurance Managers are a key part of the accounting team responsible for managing client relationships while auditing their financial records for compliance to generally accepted accounting rules and standards. This includes:
- Analyzing client financial records to identify potential accounting and auditing issues and performing research to present proposed solutions.
- Training, mentoring and managing team members in audit processes.
- Building new and strengthening existing client relationships; demonstrating basic knowledge of clients’ businesses.
- Communicating and meeting with clients as requested; providing recommendations to assist clients with financial or tax needs.
- Actively pursuing self-development opportunities and continuing education to keep all professional certifications and knowledge of tax legislation current.
- Being an ambassador of the company both internally and externally by supporting initiatives like recruitment, marketing, community involvement, etc.
- Leveraging commercial and market knowledge to identify client opportunities to sell additional value added services from MBE affiliate group.
- Assisting with other duties associated with a full service CPA firm as needed to support the team and our clients.
What experience and skills do I need to be successful?
We are always willing to train candidates younger in their career or utilize skills of a seasoned pro. Here are some skills we’d love to see on your resume:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting highly desired or equivalent work experience.
- CPA certification highly desired or ability to attain.
- Accounting or auditing experience within a public accounting firm highly desired.
- Comfortable working daily in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Oral and written communication skills to support building client relationships.
Amazing Perks and Benefits Package:
This position pays a competitive wage commensurate with direct experience, skills, and time spent in a related role. We also offer great benefits and perks including:
- Incredible potential for upward mobility and career growth into your desired area across the affiliate group.
- Three different medical plan options through Dean Health Insurance.
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for medical or dependent care.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k employer matching program to save for retirement.
- Company paid group life insurance.
- Voluntary supplemental insurance options.
- Employee referral bonus program.
- Annual personal tax return prepared free of charge.
- Annual allowance for employer branded apparel.
- Annual reimbursement for qualified fitness-related expenses and company sponsored employee wellness program.
- Tuition reimbursement, CPA assistance, and professional growth opportunities through continuing education.
- Community involvement reimbursements.
- Complimentary employee snacks, lunches, and beverages to celebrate team events.
- Employee outings, events, and gifts.
- Direct deposit of paycheck.
- New Client Bonus Program.
- Manager Bonuses and Merit-Based Bonuses.
- Company Core Value Rewards.
- Half-day Fridays and flexible work schedules in the offseason.
What will my schedule look like?
Our firm enjoys the work hard, play hard mantra. Our firm and its affiliate families’ schedule reflects the busy season of the tax industry and come May we embrace our quieter offseason. At MBE, you’ll enjoy the challenge of meeting deadlines during tax season, then late-spring through late-fall when Wisconsin weather is in its prime, you can flex the typical Monday-Friday 8a-5p schedule around any personal passions or family time as long as business needs are being met.
More about the MBE Affiliate Group:
Our parent company, MBE CPAs, is a team of accounting experts who use our industry-based knowledge and expertise to help others succeed in their financial journeys. We expanded our services over the years to include a number of affiliate companies to support the needs of our clients including:
- Wealth management and fiduciary services through MBE Wealth
- Payroll and time keeping services through Payroll Solutions
- Human resources services through Workforce Solutions
- Marketing, branding, and public relations through Right to Evolve
- Residential and commercial property management services through REMS
- Storage solutions through Secure Storage
- Enterpriser resource planning and customer relationship management software solutions through GoVirtualOffice
- Services to assist clients in structure of a variety of sales, mergers, and acquisitions through Savvy Business Brokers
We proudly offer services throughout Wisconsin and nationwide with 10 office locations including Fort Atkinson, Mauston, Marshfield, Portage, Reedsburg, Sun Prairie, Tomah, Wausau, Wisconsin Dells-Lake Delton, and our corporate headquarters in Baraboo.
So how do I join?
First step is applying with your resume on Indeed. If your qualifications look like a fit, we will reach out to you to learn more.
Interested in a role with us, but don’t see an opening that’s the perfect match? Please message our Workforce Solutions HR team, Kayla Schaller-Greenwood and Lisa Zautke, directly on LinkedIn to discuss how your skills could contribute to the team.